We are pleased to announce the launch of the first integration between the Illumina VeriSeq™ Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) Solution and BaseSpace Clarity LIMS.
The VeriSeqTM NIPT Solution is an in vitro diagnostic test intended for use as a sequencing‐based screening test for the detection of fetal aneuploidies from maternal peripheral whole blood samples in pregnant women of at least 10 weeks gestation. VeriSeq NIPT provides information regarding aneuploidy status for chromosomes: 21, 18, 13, X, and Y. This product must not be used as the sole basis for diagnosis or other pregnancy management decisions.
To facilitate use of the solution, we have implemented an integration with BaseSpace™ Clarity LIMS, which allows users of both to centralize data into one location from sample accessioning to reporting, without altering the IVD CE Marked VeriSeqTM NIPT Solution.
At a high level, the integration includes:
- Automatic generation of a sample upload sheet that is compatible with Workflow Manager. The sample sheet generated captures VeriSeq NIPT Sample Type and Sex Chromosomes fields required by Workflow Manager.
- Preconfigured VeriSeq NIPT v1.0 workflow containing a protocol that maps to the VeriSeq NIPT Software Solution for both library prep and reporting.
- Preconfigured VeriSeq NIPT v1.0 Validation workflow and protocol that allows for validation of the integration.
- Batching step that includes automated validation to ensure batch size equals 48 or 96 – including No Template Controls (NTCs).
- Generation of sample sheet that is designed to be used by the VeriSeq NIPT Workflow Manager to start the run.
- An analysis step that populates NIPT report data back into BaseSpace Clarity LIMS. For BaseSpace Clarity LIMS Silver customers, the report data must be manually uploaded. However, for BaseSpace Clarity LIMS Gold users, the report data are automatically uploaded.
To learn more about the BaseSpace Clarity LIMS integration to the VeriSeq™ NIPT Solution, please contact us.